Requirements of Registration
Declaration of Compliance
Application to, and ongoing annual membership of the Register means agreement to, and a declaration of compliance with, the following (where appropriate):
- I confirm that the information provided by me in support of my application or annual renewal of registration is complete and accurate.
- I confirm that the completion of the registration checklist and signature attached serves as confirmation of my declaration of compliance.
- I confirm that I have an ongoing professional practice and commit to undertaking appropriate CPD to keep my skills up to date should there have been a gap in my professional practice (over 2 years).
- I confirm and agree that I will abide by the Athena Herd Foundation Framework of Professional Standards and align to ACCPH Quality Charter and Code of Conduct Ethical Framework.
- I commit to having in place, and maintaining compliance with, a core set of policies, including a general set of terms and conditions that support my practice.
- I confirm and agree that I will abide by and align to the Athena Herd Foundation Framework for the Ethical Treatment for Horses and provide a clear route for registrants or service users to raise concerns about the treatment of horses engaged in the provision of services.
- I confirm and agree that I will maintain correct, complete and up to date personal and professional details on my personal “Profile” page of the Athena Herd Foundation website as required for the Register.
- I confirm that I maintain current professional indemnity insurance sufficient to my area(s) of practice, and that I will submit current copies of said policy.
- I confirm and agree that I will ensure that I undertake and record continuing professional development (CPD) in line with the Register’s requirements.
- I confirm and agree that I will ensure that I have appropriate supervision in place in line with the Register’s guidelines, one hour with every 25 of practice or, at least one hour per eight weeks, dependent upon levels of Equine Interactions being facilitated. It is noted that supervision levels may be more demanding for other memberships.
- I confirm and agree that I will not make false or unsubstantiated claims about the benefit of Equine Facilitated work or in anyway undermine the services provided through conventional medicine and health care.
- I confirm and agree that I understand that confirmation of my compliance with professional conduct details may be disclosed to relevant parties, where deemed necessary or obligatory.
- I confirm that I understand and agree that non-compliance with this declaration precedent to registration can lead to the withdrawal and/or suspension of membership of the Register.
- I confirm that I am aware that the Register is accessible to the public via the Athena Herd Foundation website and as such I agree that information regarding my name, geographical location, contact details, and membership status is freely available.
- I confirm that in addition to submitted documents and confirmations that if required I will make all documents and records available as required under the audit requirements of the Register, including evidence of any complaints raised.
- I confirm and agree that in completing this application or renewal I will be bound the Athena Herd Foundation Terms and Conditions.
Documentation required for registration
- Copies of appropriate equine interaction related qualifications, and any other supported practice
- Membership of associated professional bodies, lists or registers and membership numbers
- General terms and conditions
- Data Retention Policy
- Complements and Complaints Policy
- Safeguarding Policy
- Client waiver form
- Current Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Copies of appropriate Risk Assessments
- Confirmation of commitment to Supervision obligations within professional registrations
- Confirmation that (where appropriate) DBS checks are in place (or regional equivalent)
- Confirmation that client waivers and session records are being maintained
- Statement of completed CPD hours in the last 12 months (not required for first year)